OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Heard on TEAM1040 this morning, which camp are you in?
Poll ended at Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:29 am
Team Luongo: He's our No.1 goalie and a big reason this team is challenging once again for the President's Trophy. 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Team Schneider: Start the Ginger Jesus - Do anything you can to get rid of Luongo's albatross of a contract; I have no faith in him to take this team deep into this year's playoffs. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Team First: Ride the hottest hand but if there is any hint of mediocre or poor play, don't hesitate to switch things up. The Canucks have excellent depth at this position so leverage it as much as possible. 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 9
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:31 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Lou has been a star for a decade, go with him until he falters. No question in my mind he is the best goalie we've ever had.

All depends on the playoffs, if he carries the team he stays, if Schneider takes over and is brilliant not sure Lou would want to be the guy that forces Schneider to leave knowing he was only #1 because of a NTC, I think he'd want to prove himself elsewhere.

And just think if Lack is everything we hear he is we have two more years of this but with a Lou and Eddie controversy (or perhaps Corey and Eddie).............too many riches are incredibly good problems to have.

History blast, got first and 2nd thought right but sure missed out on the third thought :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:33 pm 
Illegitimate Luongo Child

Fogghorn wrote:
Wondering if Luo's condo sold yet and whether he'll be renting if it did?

looked it up...not sold. still up though

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:02 pm 

So Aquillini has been down to Florida to see Roberto, Gillis has committed to doing the same in the next 10 days and today it's published that Torts is also going down. Damn this has me concerned.

Luo has been a class act throughout this whole ordeal always supporting his team. He deserved to be treated better but it happened. I expected with an opportunity to go for a gold in Sochi, prove to all the GM's in the league that he was worth his contract, and of course support his team mates, that he'd get past this. With that many flights down to Florida I'm beginning to think all the worriers maybe right and he's not going to be as accepting of a return as I hoped.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:40 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

MrBumpNgrind wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Where's his condo located? How much?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:22 am 
King of the One-Liner

Unless Luongo goes Timmy eccentric here he will be ready to go for camp, what else is he going to do with himself? He's just yanking the Nucks chain for mild revenge and twitter hits.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:08 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
MrBumpNgrind wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Where's his condo located? How much?

http://findyourproperty.ca/recip.html/b ... s-31019854

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:07 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Either Renaud Lavoie is trolling or Luongo has STILL not said he'll withdraw his trade request and is still weighing his options.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:42 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

and those options would be....play for the canucks, don't play, play gm and and make your own deal?!

Why do I think the shaking of my head isn't going to stop anytime soon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:47 pm 

big interview with Luongo happening today on TSN at 3. Duthie tweeted some highlights

"Luongo will report to Canucks training camp, and says he is extremely motivated, but remains uncertain about his future in Van."

"Luongo: "I had moved on from Vancouver and was ready to start fresh somewhere else...like a divorce...except she wanted me back."

"Luongo also talks about breaking down after not being dealt at deadline and "blacking out" when he learned VAN had traded Schneider."

"Luongo also reveals that in May he had serious talks with the NHLPA about the possibility of voiding his deal and walking away from 40m."

Can i throw this out there....long shot..but maybe...Would Miller for Luongo work? With whats his name dropping $40 mil for Erhoff and a few million to much for whats his face, would this work? Miller wants out, so does Lu. Both are world class goalies. Miller is 6 mil and Luongo is 5.3 i know the years are different..but food for thought

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:54 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

No one wants Lu's contract. It's as simple as that. Those back end years and the cap penalties for them are absolute non-starters for any owner. It's not about the goalie anymore. Just like the issue with Lecavalier. The only way to resolve it was a compliance buyout, or just live with it if you aren't willing to do that.

It's absolutely mindboggling that the owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning chose the buyout + sign a not cheap replacement (Filpulla) while the owner of the Vancouver Canucks refused to do the same and had the team trade the soon to be not cheap replacement (Schneider) as a result.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5