OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Frustration
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:48 am 
Queen of the Random Thought

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to watch most of the games. I work at least 'til 9pm most nights and listening on the radio doesn't give me much of an idea how everyone is doing. I got to watch the Pittsburgh game.

So far Zemgus Girgensons is the only one I've seen do anything good. He had a nice goal (the team has a total of 4 in 4 games.) . The young guy I like a lot so far is Mark Pysyk he's been the one of the best defensemen we have.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:56 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Grigorenko, Zemgus Girgensons, Armia, Pysyk, Rasmus Roustalainen, Jhonas Enroth.... one thing is for sure, the new Sabres will be fun to pronounce.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:02 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Kaleta likely getting a pretty long vacation after this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nh ... n/2964957/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:16 pm 

Apparently there's a big stink being made about the fact that Jason Pominville returned last night and the Sabres didn't so much as acknowledge it. Meh, I don't think it's that big a deal (he did, however get the game-winner for Minnesota). However, when Ryan Miller eventually gets traded and makes his return, there should probably be something done there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:12 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Av-merican wrote:
Apparently there's a big stink being made about the fact that Jason Pominville returned last night and the Sabres didn't so much as acknowledge it. Meh, I don't think it's that big a deal (he did, however get the game-winner for Minnesota). However, when Ryan Miller eventually gets traded and makes his return, there should probably be something done there.

I don't get it. He played like 7.5 seasons there and had a decent run, but it's not like he's a hall of famer, who lead them to multiple Cups. I mean no disrespect by that, but this is the problem with today's "everyone gets a trophy" attitude. So every player deserves a huge send off, or a big welcoming when he returns in another jersey? All that needs to happen for me is the visiting team starts him and the CROWD gives him a standing ovation if THEY feel it is right. Don't have the team PR dept decide if the fans should celebrate a former player. Let the people paying to sit there decide.

That said,
Ladies & Gentlemen, welcome to one of tweeeeeeeeelve Mike Sillinger Nights.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 pm 

I'll just beat everyone to the punch and say the Avs would've retired Pominville's number, given his family a gigantic painting, bought him a shiny gold golf cart, and cast his jock in resin and hung it in the locker room.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:06 pm 

I don't get it why everyone's got their panties in a bunch. He had one iconic playoff off goal in almost a decade of underacheiving.

I bunch of people cheered when he got the 1st star last night. That actually pissed me off. He scored the game winner AGAINST us! UGH!

FML

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:06 pm 

And, by the by, the Sabres look even more pathetic in person than they do on TV.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:21 pm 

Oh my God! Someone pinch me. The blind squirrels found a nut! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:24 pm 

PattyLa16 wrote:
Oh my God! Someone pinch me. The blind squirrels found a nut! :shock:

Kaleta was easily your worst player. The Sabres are better off without him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:30 pm 

Can someone explain to me how Buffalo is able to send an 18-year-old to the AHL?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:18 pm 

So, it looks like John Scott elbowed Loui Eriksson in the head, which has prompted a lot of people to spout off, including former Sabre Matt Barnaby:

Quote:
Won't pull company BS. It is really ugly and going to get worse. Saw it last year early....just bc people r in BIG positions do not make them smart hockey people!! Trust me...

John Scott can't play hockey.. Kaleta reckless... Myers should have had bridge contract... Ehrhoff and Leino overpaid... Hodgson 2nd line center not 1. Stafford non existent. Not going back to earlier yrs where Drury and Briere were let go when could have signed for less

Im not a Sabres hater but more of a proud alumni that thinks fans deserve better. Pegula is a great guy but is a fan. Plain and simple.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:31 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Can someone explain to me how Buffalo is able to send an 18-year-old to the AHL?

If they aren't drafted out of major junior, they can play pro hockey at any level in North America.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:00 am 
Big in Japan

You know what could fix this? Relegation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:11 am 

Av-merican wrote:
So, it looks like John Scott elbowed Loui Eriksson in the head, which has prompted a lot of people to spout off, including former Sabre Matt Barnaby:

Quote:
Won't pull company BS. It is really ugly and going to get worse. Saw it last year early....just bc people r in BIG positions do not make them smart hockey people!! Trust me...

John Scott can't play hockey.. Kaleta reckless... Myers should have had bridge contract... Ehrhoff and Leino overpaid... Hodgson 2nd line center not 1. Stafford non existent. Not going back to earlier yrs where Drury and Briere were let go when could have signed for less

Im not a Sabres hater but more of a proud alumni that thinks fans deserve better. Pegula is a great guy but is a fan. Plain and simple.

Not good. I just saw the video. I hate when Scott's in the line up. Awful.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:36 am 
Big in Japan

Amen Milbury. Rolston should be fired for putting out Scott in the third period in a 4-2 game. No reason Scott should have been on the ice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:41 am 

John Scott has never been suspended. Why would Rolston think he'd do something that crossed the line?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:32 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

saskhab wrote:
John Scott has never been suspended. Why would Rolston think he'd do something that crossed the line?

Because coaches are supposed to activate their Future Reading app before games, you silly goose.

I always thought of Scott as a somewhat respectable enforcer, as much as I can respect a guy who is in the league only to give/take hard punches. But I think he's just so frustrated with the Sabres' direction that he's letting his emotions get the best of him this year.

As for Barnaby- A) He's always been a piece of shit, and B) the sentence "...people r in BIG positions do not make them smart... " tells me all I need to know. Dumb ass.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:12 am 
King of the One-Liner

saskhab wrote:

Well Rolston was recently fined due to John Scott actions, so there is that. Wonder if he will get another player selection fine? :lol:

Between this and the going after Kessel I wonder Rolston is pushing him too hard to make something happen and with that pressure he is making poor snap decisions and forcing events the only way he knows and can.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 pm 
King of Men

The hit itself was late but didn't look like elbow.....just a huge size differential......Scott is a meathead.... I don't have a problem with him gooning up the game but when he's chasing down non combatant Swedes and Cheeseheads well then that's a problem. I am sorry I thought Milbury's rant was dumb....especially coming from him...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next