OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:12 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Congrats!

So playing in a 35+ tourney this weekend and rumour is we are in way over our heads in our bracket. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:35 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Congrats!

So playing in a 35+ tourney this weekend and rumour is we are in way over our heads in our bracket. :lol:

Sheeeit, good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:58 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Well if it turns out true I'll at least get lots of shots in for my time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:05 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Hounsy wrote:
Well if it turns out true I'll at least get lots of shots in for my time.

That's the spirit! :viking:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:30 am 
OTP Historian

Our summer league isn't as good as the winter, so I can generate a little more offense from the blueline when I'm playing out and not in net. This summer though, I can't buy a goal despite getting and creating some really good chances. There's the damn goalie hands again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:46 pm 
OTP Historian

Love lunch time shinny.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:20 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Been punching way out of my weight class at a Tuesday night skate the last month. While I'm playing alright my mobility speed is down and can not get away with it with these guys. They'd light me up either way but I forsee a physical fitness crunch in my future as starting to feel motivated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:21 am 
OTP Historian

Man I was bad last night...good thing we won like 12-2. Made one great pass though, a long bomb from the bottom of the circle to one of our guys hitting their blue line. He didn't manage to score though :x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:00 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Bosc wrote:
Man I was bad last night...good thing we won like 12-2. Made one great pass though, a long bomb from the bottom of the circle to one of our guys hitting their blue line. He didn't manage to score though :x

Jeff, where are you playing? Still in Milton, as I see the teams have all changed for Thursday Night.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:25 pm 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Jeff, where are you playing? Still in Milton, as I see the teams have all changed for Thursday Night.

Yeah, the Barley Kings folded up after the league stopped the A division. Got on with another Thursday night team with a few of the guys from the BKs and some friends of the captain.

Are you playing in the over-35 again? I think Rob said that you moved houses? Are you still in Milton?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:33 pm 

Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Yeah, the Barley Kings folded up after the league stopped the A division. Got on with another Thursday night team with a few of the guys from the BKs and some friends of the captain.

Are you playing in the over-35 again? I think Rob said that you moved houses? Are you still in Milton?

Yeah, I'm still in Milton, just on the other side in the Scott Steet side.

Yes I still play on the same Monday night team.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:41 pm 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Yeah, I'm still in Milton, just on the other side in the Scott Steet side.

Yes I still play on the same Monday night team.

Cool. Where are you working now? Grab a beer soon?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:16 pm 

Working at GE Capital for the last two years. A beer sounds good.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:55 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Played a Tourney game last night with a bad back and having not played in over two weeks and off course first two shots go in to start the game. Lost 4-0 in the end as they let up and my game came around. Still kinda frustrating knowing your in a bad place to play a meaningful game and then having turn out as expected.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:47 am 

So here's a first for me. I went to pick up a loose puck along the boards with an opponent coming at me from the side. We arrived at the same time and he lifted my stick- with the 3/16" wide blade going straight into the 1/4" wide gap between the door & boards. The stick went in perfectly, and so deep that it kind of turned me, bringing my momentum straight into the end, spearing myself in the groin, jamming the stick farther in (beyond the blade depth, making the board/door gap wider!), I almost fell over as I was harpooned on the stick. The guy stole the puck as I tried to get myself untangled, went & scored on his breakaway. Made it 6-4, with us losing 7-4. The only good part of this is that one of my team mates (who is a really good goalie but skates out for us slackers) scored the other team's 7th goal on us, while trying to be overly fancy on the PP with 1 minute left and our goalie pulled. So nobody really remembered me harpooning myself. Nice groin bruise though. Thank the hockey gods it didn't spear me 2" to the right or I'd be singing soprano. The stick broke. Fortunately there are lots of sticks on sale at this time of year. But what a fucking ordeal.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:50 am 
OTP Historian

Ouch :x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:52 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Ouch :x

Yeah. I think my pride hurt most, as I had to go back after the insurance goal to remove my stick. It was so jammed in it was difficult to open the door. And the ref waited for me to get it out and immediately took it to check for breaks. I knew it was broken and told him. He still made a show of checking it. When he showed me where it was broken I said "thanks bud. Shame you can't fit your Captain Obvious hat on top of your helmet" and tossed it out of the rink by the locker room door. It will eventually be part of my broken stick Stanley Cup. But yeah, not the best event...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:19 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Good players on a breakaway loosing the handle mid move and rolling it five hole is my nemesis. :fffffuck:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:58 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Good players on a breakaway loosing the handle mid move and rolling it five hole is my nemesis. :fffffuck:

At least it's a good player doing it, and not some shlub?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:14 am 
King of the One-Liner

Heading to a tourny in Kingston this weekend with what is mostly twenty something year olds and the thought of it is making me tired already. Does that make me a chaperon? Maybe I should put this in the Rootbeer hockey thread...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 22  Next